Bags - Poly
- Bins, Shelving & Storage
Boxes - Corrugated
- Boxes - Mailers
- Bubble, Foam & Cushioning
- Cable Ties
- Chipboard Cartons
- Edge Protectors
Envelopes & Mailers
- Facilities Maintenance
- 3M Aerosol Cleaners
- 3M Industrial Cleaners & Concentrates
- 3M Maintenance Sorbent
- Break Room Supplies
- Brooms, Brushes & Dust Pans
- Facial Tissue
- Graffiti & Spray Paint Remover
- Ice Melt
- Mops, Squeegees & Buckets
- Oil Dry
- Paper Towels & Dispensers
- Scotch-Brite™ Pad & Sponge
- Softsoap® & Dispenser
- Sweeping Compound
- Toilet Paper & Dispensers
- Mailing Tubes
- Packing List Envelopes
- Papers, Newsprint & Tissue
- Safety Products
- Shrink Film
- Stretch Film
- 3M™ Scotchmate™
- Adhesive Transfer Tape
- Aluminum Foil Tape
- Anti-Slip Tape
- Anti-Static Tape
- Barricade Tape
- Carpet/Surface Protection Tape
- Carton Sealing Tape
- Desktop Tape Dispensers
- Double Side Foam Tape
- Double Sided Film Tape
- Double Sided Foam Squares & Strips
- Double Sided Masking Tape
- Duct Tape
- Electrical Tape
- Warehouse Supplies
- Bags - Poly
- Service & Parts
- Operational Improvements
- About Us
Sr. Service Technician
West Chicago, IL | Full Time | Service Department | Experienced
Do you enjoy building lasting relationships?
Do you have a passion for helping others work smarter not harder?
Then this job is for you!
Are willing to learn and share your knowledge
Are positive, optimistic & engaging
Always look for a better way
Believe in doing what you say
Then, you've found the right company! Apply today!
Who we are:
Since our inception in 1979, PackSmart, Inc. has taken pride in successfully providing packaging solutions of quality and value for our customers. This achievement, built upon a no compromise “commitment to excellence” has earned PackSmart a treasured reputation as a trusted packaging solutions distributor throughout the Illinois and Wisconsin marketplace. PackSmart is a family owned business that has grown from a simple supply item distributor, to a problem solving team of packaging professionals. Visit us at www.PackSmart.com
We are currently looking to hire a dependable Service Technician to perform full range of on-site maintenance and repairs on assigned products to include technical diagnostics, break/fix, installation, removal and customer call assistance.
- Dismantle devices to gain access to and remove defective parts.
- Examine form and texture of parts to detect imperfections.
- Inspect used parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements.
- Adjust functional parts of devices and control instruments.
- Repair or replace defective parts.
- Install special functional and structural parts in devices.
- Lubricate and cleans parts.
- Start devices to test their performance.
- Set up and operate lathe, drill press, grinder, and other metalworking tools to make and repair parts.
- Repair electrical equipment.
- Handle repair requests over the phone, recommending prompt remedies whenever possible.
- Complete service form documenting the visit, including service performed, service time and travel time.
- Obtain customer PO# to cover expense for repair including labor, parts and travel.
- Trouble shoot problems to assess future repair necessities.
- Perform routine preventive maintenance.
- Observe mechanical devices in operation and listen to their sounds to locate causes of trouble.
- Prepare service quotes including parts and labor for customers, send out for customer review, and follow up for customer approval to proceed.
- Initiate purchase order for parts and machines.
- Show measurable progress in technical abilities, troubleshooting techniques and productivity.
- Establish an up-to-date file of service manuals, part books and other service literature using the iPad issued and develop familiarity with contents.
What you will need:
- A minimum of five years of experience
- Associate’s degree in Business or technical school training preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Must possess a valid Driver License
- A strong mechanical aptitude and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to read electrical schematics
- Ability to read process and instrumentation diagrams
- Ability to communicate technical information over the phone, in writing and in person
- Must be self-directed, have strong interpersonal skills, and a focus on customer satisfaction.
- Regularly lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to work in conditions typical of a warehouse environment
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include some limited weekend work
- Forklift certification or other applicable equipment manufacturers’ certifications is a plus
- Ability to travel locally
What's in it for you?:
- Excellent career opportunity
- $22.00 - $29.00/per hour commensurate with experience
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Life insurance
- 401K retirement plan
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation
- PackSmart uses the Entrepreneurial Operating System (EOS) as its operating system. It gives our employees a well-defined structure in which they can grow, feel more fulfilled in their work, and achieve their personal goals. EOS also helps our employees feel more “in-the-know” about what is going on at PackSmart.
If you are a self-motivated, high-energy, self-starter who wants to be part of a growing organization, apply today!
PackSmart is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This means that we consider all applicants for employment and employees eligible for employment without regard to race, marital status or civil union status, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation and/or any other characteristic protected by law.