Bags - Poly
- Bins, Shelving & Storage
Boxes - Corrugated
- Boxes - Mailers
- Bubble, Foam & Cushioning
- Cable Ties
- Chipboard Cartons
- Edge Protectors
Envelopes & Mailers
- Facilities Maintenance
- 3M Aerosol Cleaners
- 3M Industrial Cleaners & Concentrates
- 3M Maintenance Sorbent
- Break Room Supplies
- Brooms, Brushes & Dust Pans
- Facial Tissue
- Graffiti & Spray Paint Remover
- Ice Melt
- Mops, Squeegees & Buckets
- Oil Dry
- Paper Towels & Dispensers
- Scotch-Brite™ Pad & Sponge
- Softsoap® & Dispenser
- Sweeping Compound
- Toilet Paper & Dispensers
- Mailing Tubes
- Packing List Envelopes
- Papers, Newsprint & Tissue
- Safety Products
- Shrink Film
- Stretch Film
- 3M™ Scotchmate™
- Adhesive Transfer Tape
- Aluminum Foil Tape
- Anti-Slip Tape
- Anti-Static Tape
- Barricade Tape
- Carpet/Surface Protection Tape
- Carton Sealing Tape
- Desktop Tape Dispensers
- Double Side Foam Tape
- Double Sided Film Tape
- Double Sided Foam Squares & Strips
- Double Sided Masking Tape
- Duct Tape
- Electrical Tape
- Warehouse Supplies
- Bags - Poly
- Service & Parts
- Operational Improvements
- About Us
Jr. Service Technician
West Chicago, IL | Full Time | Service Department | Mid Level
Are you looking to expend on your Electrical and Mechanical Proficiency?
Interested in a career in the Packaging Service Industry?
Enjoy traveling to customers and working at their facility?
Then this job is for you!
Are willing to learn and share your knowledge
Are positive, optimistic & engaging
Always look for a better way
Believe in doing what you say
Then, you've found the right company! Apply today!
What you will be doing:
- Working on site at customer locations repairing or replacing defective parts.
- Observe mechanical devices in operation and listen to their sounds to locate causes of trouble.
- Dismantle devices to gain access to and remove defective parts.
- Adjust functional parts of devices and control instruments.
- Perform routine maintenance
- Lubricate and cleans parts.
- Start devices to test their performance.
- Repair electrical equipment.
- Complete service form documenting the visit, including service performed, service time and travel time.
- Troubleshoot problems to assess future repair needs
- Show measurable progress in technical abilities, troubleshooting techniques and productivity
- Establish an up-to-date file of service manual, parts books and other service literature using the iPad issued to them and develops familiarity with content.
- Assist Sr. Service Technician with machine installations and field repairs as needed.
- Maintain in house packaging equipment.
What you will need:
- A minimum of one year of experience in same or similar field
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Must possess a valid Driver License and the ability to travel locally with company provided vehicle.
- A strong mechanical aptitude and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate technical information over the phone, in writing and in person
- Must be self-directed, have strong interpersonal skills, and a focus on customer satisfaction.
- Regularly lift up to 50 pounds and frequently move more than 100 pounds
- Ability to work in conditions typical of a warehouse environment
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include some limited weekend work
- Forklift certification or other applicable equipment manufacturers’ certifications is a plus
- Ability to travel locally
What's in it for you?:
- Excellent career opportunity
- $20.00 - $26.00/per hour commensurate with experience
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Life insurance
- 401K retirement plan
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation Company provided cell phone.
- Work-Life Balance- Regular 40-hour work weeks.
- Company Provided Tools
- PackSmart uses the Entrepreneurial Operating System (EOS) as its operating system. It gives our employees a well-defined structure in which they can grow, feel more fulfilled in their work, and achieve their personal goals. EOS also helps our employees feel more “in-the-know” about what is going on at PackSmart.
Who we are:
Since our inception in 1979, PackSmart, Inc. has taken pride in successfully providing packaging solutions of quality and value for our customers. This achievement, built upon a no compromise “commitment to excellence” has earned PackSmart a treasured reputation as a trusted packaging solutions distributor throughout the Illinois and Wisconsin marketplace. PackSmart is a family owned business that has grown from a simple supply item distributor, to a problem solving team of packaging professionals. Visit us at www.PackSmart.com
We are currently looking to hire a dependable Service Technician to perform full range of on-site maintenance and repairs on assigned products to include technical diagnostics, break/fix, installation, removal and customer call assistance.
If you are a self-motivated, high-energy, self-starter who wants to be part of a growing organization, apply today!
PackSmart is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This means that we consider all applicants for employment and employees eligible for employment without regard to race, marital status or civil union status, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation and/or any other characteristic protected by law.