Bags - Poly
- Bins, Shelving & Storage
Boxes - Corrugated
- Boxes - Mailers
- Bubble, Foam & Cushioning
- Cable Ties
- Chipboard Cartons
- Edge Protectors
Envelopes & Mailers
- Facilities Maintenance
- 3M Aerosol Cleaners
- 3M Industrial Cleaners & Concentrates
- 3M Maintenance Sorbent
- Break Room Supplies
- Brooms, Brushes & Dust Pans
- Facial Tissue
- Graffiti & Spray Paint Remover
- Ice Melt
- Mops, Squeegees & Buckets
- Oil Dry
- Paper Towels & Dispensers
- Scotch-Brite™ Pad & Sponge
- Softsoap® & Dispenser
- Sweeping Compound
- Toilet Paper & Dispensers
- Mailing Tubes
- Packing List Envelopes
- Papers, Newsprint & Tissue
- Safety Products
- Shrink Film
- Stretch Film
- 3M™ Scotchmate™
- Adhesive Transfer Tape
- Aluminum Foil Tape
- Anti-Slip Tape
- Anti-Static Tape
- Barricade Tape
- Carpet/Surface Protection Tape
- Carton Sealing Tape
- Desktop Tape Dispensers
- Double Side Foam Tape
- Double Sided Film Tape
- Double Sided Foam Squares & Strips
- Double Sided Masking Tape
- Duct Tape
- Electrical Tape
- Warehouse Supplies
- Bags - Poly
- Service & Parts
- Operational Improvements
- About Us
Senior Full Charge Bookkeeper
The Position: As the full-time Senior Full Charge Bookkeeper, you’ll balance ledgers, reconcile accounts, and prepare reports to show receipts, expenditures, accounts receivable, and accounts payable. You’ll also maintain and record a complete and systematic set of business transactions. The salary range is $23-$30 an hour, commensurate with experience.
The Company: PackSmart is family-owned (3rd generation involved), over 40 years in business and is known for the great care we take with customers and employees alike. We are a growing packaging company based in West Chicago that offers its employees a collaborative environment, a flexible work schedule, and one operating system - the Entrepreneurial Operating System (EOS).
Here at PackSmart, all our employees have a clear understanding of where the Company has been, where it is now, and where it is going, through our quarterly State of the Company meetings. Our employees see our 10-Year Target, our 3-Year Picture, our 1-Year Plan, and our quarterly Company Rocks and financial objectives.
The EOS structure allows for weekly departmental meetings that start on time, end on time, and have a clear, consistent agenda. Issues are identified, discussed, and solved with action items set, and where employee accountability takes place. We identify the most important things (called Rocks) to accomplish in the next 90 days and we are laser focused on completing our Rocks. Employees and their manager have a quarterly conversation that occurs offsite to work on the business, as opposed to the normal daily conversations that occur when working in the business.
- Willing to Learn
- Positive & Engaging
- Finds a Better Way
- Do What You Say
We are looking for candidates who exemplify all these core values regularly. We are not looking for someone who is stuck in their ways. We need someone to challenge the status quo and find better, more efficient ways to perform the position.
- PackSmart CFO: Spent 13 years in public accounting, including 6 years with one of the Big Four accounting firms, as a CPA specializing in tax matters and 30 years with PackSmart in the Accounting Department and a member of the leadership team.
- Will ensure that you are properly trained using internal personnel and external resources.
- Is a sounding board for all business and accounting matters.
- Does not micromanage and allows you to perform to your maximum potential.
- Encourages delegating to and elevating people in the Company.
- Prepares various financial statements and reports within 15 days of the period end (except for year-end which is 40 days)
- Directs the maintenance of general and subsidiary ledgers, accounts receivable, accounts payable, revenue, depreciation, cost, property, and operating expenses.
- Prepares statements and reports of estimated future costs and revenues
- Reviews financial statements with management personnel
- Provide information to outside accountants to prepare income tax returns
- Prepare sales tax returns and 1099s
- Cash management
- Associate degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school and 3-5 years of related experience.
- High attention to detail and accuracy as well as great organizational skills
- Uses technology to increase productivity
- Works ethically and with integrity
- High degree of trust and confidentiality is a must
- Takes responsibility for own actions
- Displays positive outlook and pleasant manner
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Any experience with Microsoft Dynamics NAV is a plus
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Maintain the professional competence, knowledge and skills necessary to effectively complete responsibilities; enhance job knowledge and abilities by taking personal responsibility for professional development and training.
Our employees are critical to our overall success. We are dedicated to investing in their future by providing:
- Excellent career opportunity
- Health, dental, and vision
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 401(k) plan with discretionary matching (deferral rates exceeding industry benchmarks)
- Paid Holidays, Vacations, Personal and Sick days
- Education (4,000+ training courses)
- Excellent work-life integration
- Core Value Recognition Program
- PackSmart Events Committee – team building and employee events
To respond to this opportunity, please go to: https://j.brt.mv/ATS/jb.do?reqGK=27416593
PackSmart is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This means that we consider all applicants for employment and employees eligible for employment without regard to race, marital status or civil union status, sex, gender identity, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation and/or any other characteristic protected by law.