The BEL 450 is a semi-automatic poly bag inserter / case former & pack station with top & bottom case taping. Designed for use on bulk filling lines, the BEL 450 bag inserter / case former provides a cost effective alternative to the difficult process of manually inserting poly bag liners into corrugated cases. Cases are placed on the vacuum plenum after which a poly bag liner is placed into the box. The bag is quickly drawn fully into the case leaving no voids in the box corners, and the case is then ready to be filled.
Filling of cases can be done manually or automated further with the inclusion of an optional programmable weigh scale that can also verify count. Alternatively the BEL 450 semi-automatic poly bag inserter / case former can be fitted with an optional load cell for interfacing with existing automatic scale filling equipment such as auger or hopper fillers, and belt feeders.
After filling, the operator closes the poly liner, folds the top case flaps closed and moves the case forward into the conveyor where tape is automatically applied to seal the top and bottom flaps. The BEL 450 semi-automatic poly bag inserter / case former is an ideal solution for automating bulk packing lines and can quickly recover its modest investment through labor savings and improved efficiencies.
*Click on the PDF download to the right of this screen for more information.
Semi-Automatic Poly Bag Inserter / Case Former - BEL 450 Features & Benefits
- -Poly bag is quickly drawn fully into the case leaving no voids in the box corners
- -Improves safety by eliminating costly repetitive strain injury problems
- -Modular design allows for a customized BEL system delivered to you at an off-the-shelf lead time and price
- -Adjustable box stand
- -A-42 Rotary Accumulation Turntable
- -Total Lock Caster Wheels with Extension Adjustment
- -Roller Conveyor for Infeed & Outfeed
- -Flexible Conveyor
- -Spare Parts Kits for Machine Maintenance
- -S-10 Packing Conveyor with Programmable Weigh Scale
- -ErgoLevel Packing Height Adjustment Option
- -1" Heavy Duty Acme Screws
- -Motor and Gear Reducer
- -C Channel Aluminum Frame
- -Dekka Tape Head
- -Magnetic Motor Starter
BEL products are ideal for packaging lines that do not warrant full automation because of specific requirements like:
- -Frequent case size changes
- -Many different case sizes and pack configurations
- -Limited floor space
- -Manual inspection of the products
- -Limited technical staff
- -The high price of automated case packers and erectors
- -Low volume